What’s this about: Here are the following groups of people who drive me nuts and need to go read a damn book about the subject they claim to understand:
- People who compare things to how Nazi Germany started. This is never an apt comparison.
- Conversely, racists. You suck.
- People who say the electoral college is an outdated model and we live in a democracy. No, it is not and no, we do not.
- People who proclaim something, “is the worst we have ever seen.” This is very rarely correct. This is why most newscasters have to add a litany of qualifications before using this phrase. Example: This is the worst thunderstorm we have seen on a Thursday with a high of 75 degrees in Akron, Ohio since the year 2015.
- Anti-vaxxers. To be clear, read a book that is scientifically accurate and not made up. Polio was not cool. Ask FDR.
- People who say this is the worst our American politics have ever been. We fought a Civil War!
End rant. Although, I reserve the right to add to this list.
Rant: People Who Need to Read a Damn Book